Friday, October 29, 2010

Why Ikea Kitchens are GOOD

So I stumbled across a designer's blog, "Creed" the other day, and I have to say I'm impressed. And excited. Now here is a designer that can call herself a "designer". First of all, I was blown away by the space planning on one of her current projects and then I was even more blown away by her blog post on why she loves Ikea Kitchens. I've always been curious about Ikea kitchens, knowing they're affordable, but not knowing what the quality was like. I think I always assumed it was on the cheaper side like their furniture, but designer Carol Reed explains the many benefits of installing a kitchen from Ikea. Apparently, for melamine cabinets, the quality is great and one of the things I like best is that you are saving money on the cabinets so you can spend more money on materials like countertops, backsplashes, and appliances. You MUST read her post about this because it's super informative! Here are some pictures from her blog that show how you can customize Ikea Kitchen components for an unfitted and designer look.




No comments:

Post a Comment