Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Serene Green Dining Room makeover

I ran across this great before and after while flipping through Southern Living magazine. I normally don't find a lot of inspiring interiors in this magazine, but I thought this dining room makeover was great! I like how the designer (Anne Turner Carroll) combined the solid and patterned fabric on the drapery. I think this is a great way to save money and to add pattern without having to commit to too much pattern. Other details that were added were the neutral colored rug (which really grounds the dark furniture and makes it stand out from the wood floors), pale aqua colored lampshades, new personalized slipcovers and contemporary artwork over the buffet. I really love how the designer upgraded and modernized the otherwise boring and traditional space!

2 comments: