Friday, March 4, 2011

I got the Blues...

Man, it's been awhile since I posted! Sorry about that, I've been busy at work which is good. After flipping through the most recent issue of Traditional Home, I was informed that Navy is the new trend color. I used to think of Navy as being kind of boring and preppy, but mixed with more modern fabrics and furniture and the right accent colors, you have yourself a pretty happenin' room! I've personally never been a fan of blue blue, but I am drawn to aqua and turquoise which is obviously a shade of blue. I also thought I never really liked Navy, but after seeing some of these pics, I may have to change my mind. I don't think I could do it in my own home, but I would love to see it in someone elses! A friend of mine is planning to incorporate Navy in her interiors and specifically her Kitchen cabinets. I can't wait to see the finished product! I think it will look great contrasting with her warm wood counters. I am especially drawn to the Navy interiors that have shades of orange and rust as the accent colors. It's such a warm contrast and really help evoke a more earthy vibe.










No comments:

Post a Comment